To decide what kind of cameras do you need, it depends on your specific security needs. There are advantages and disadvantages to both types of cameras, but depending on your needs, there will be a great solution for you.
Below are features for you to consider which one is right for you.
· Simple set up, just plug directly into the DVR with coaxial cable and requires less programming.
· Lower bandwidth because the analog camera transmits video files to the DVR over coaxial cable, transmission takes less bandwidth, putting less pressure on the network.
· Requires more cabling for both the power supply and the DVR.
· Analog cameras have a limited resolution of 4K(8MP).
· Analog cameras have limited throughput. Therefore, the higher camera resolution, the lower the cameras can be used before compromising bandwidth.
· Analog cameras are more suitable for smaller, simpler surveillance setups. For video capture, analog cameras record onto a DVR.
· Analog cameras are a good option for smaller surveillance systems of 4-32 cameras. Therefore, they are best suited for small retail stores, convenience stores, small businesses, or home security camera systems.
· Offers resolution up to 12MP (4000x3000).
· More options and features are available as technology advances, including multiple users and department access.
· Require less wiring however IP cameras are a bit more complicated to configure.
· They connect to an existing network with one cable that provides power, video and data. (There is no need to invest in new cabling).
· With power over Ethernet (PoE), a power outlet close to the camera is no longer needed.
· Flexible and scalable, IP cameras offer more expansion options because their cabling requirements are less complicated.
· Better video quality, IP cameras are available in high resolution, up to 12MP, yielding better quality video.
· Many models offer digital and optical zoom and provide more usable and meaningful footage.
· Tend to cost more and require more bandwidth for video transfer over a network.
· For video capture, IP cameras process and compress the video and then send it to a video recorder (NVR).
· IP cameras are better for more significant sites with more cameras, such as large villas, industrial businesses, construction sites, and large retail locations.
· Recently, there are more features available by AI chip and deep learning algorithm that provides comprehensive human-oriented solutions including face recognition, privacy protection, human video metadata, people counting, stereo analysis, vehicle control, etc.
Looking for a reliable and great quality CCTV system, please contact DHS for more information.
3 Spirit Co., Ltd.
14/16 Moo.5, Chao Fha West Road, Chalong, Muang, Phuket Thailand 83000
TEL. 076 390 794
ID Line: officialdhs